NC Census Summit:
Preparing for Get Out The Count
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
(Registration begins at 9:30 AM)
Elon, North Carolina
Join NC Counts Coalition, North Carolina Campus Compact and NALEO Educational Fund for an NC focused ‘Get Out The Count’ Census convening bringing together a broad set of stakeholders from across the State – including racial, ethnic, immigrant, housing, education, health, labor, business, social service organizations, funders and local government for a day of 2020 Census engagement. This convening will be an ideal opportunity to discuss the upcoming decennial Census in a comprehensive way.
Panel and Discussion Topics Include:
- Strategies and best practices for the first online Census
- Complete Count Committees 201 – You’ve created your complete count committee, now what?
- Examples of 'Get Out The Count' (GOTC) plans for nonprofits
- Crisis communication planning: Fighting misinformation during Census 2020
- Creative outreach strategies
- Rebuilding trust in our communities: Overcoming the citizenship question
Presentations and Remarks By:
- Jeanine Abrams McLean, PhD, Vice President, Fair Count, Inc.
- Stacey Carless, Esq, Executive Director, NC Counts Coalition
- Wayne Bostic, Vice President, NC State Chapter of APRI, NC Complete Count Commission
- US Census Bureau
- Tammy Absher, Business and Community Development Director, City of Lexington
- Juan Garcia, GIS Data/Transportation Planning Analyst, Gaston County Government
- Austin Davis, 2020 Census Project Director, City of Baltimore
- Jodie Stanley, Education and Outreach Coordinator, Human Relations Department, City of Greensboro
- Irving Zavaleta-Jiménez, Assistant Director, North Carolina Campus Compact
- Ricky Leung, Communications and Outreach Director, North Carolina Asian-Americans Together
Sessions Led By:
- Tiffany N. White, Project Planner, City of Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Planning
- Juliana Cabrales, Mid-Atlantic Director, National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) Educational Fund
- Durrell Johnson, Communication and Outreach Director, NC Counts Coalition
- Robert Dawkins, Political Director, Action NC
- Emelia Cowans-Taylor, Communications Strategist, Blueprint NC
Register Today! Space is limited!
An on-line option will be available for remote attendance for general plenary sessions.