The NC Census Task Force is a coalition of community leaders and stakeholders coordinating resources and advocacy efforts to mobilize all people in North Carolina, including those who have been historically undercounted, in order to achieve a full and accurate Census count.
Our work will be guided and informed by the our beliefs and commitments to:
- Inclusiveness – We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
- Community – We are a team of organizations aligned to fight for fairness and daring to dream big. We are supportive of each other’s efforts and we are loyal to one another. By collaborating, we will build capacity, better respond to complex issues and have a stronger voice in advocacy for the Census. Together we have the power to accomplish anything.
- Participation – We value and recognize and respect the contribution of every member of the Taskforce. All partners are encouraged to participate and openly share their opinions and views.
- Stewardship – We act with honesty and integrity. We value the trust that the communities we serve place in us. As trusted messengers, we work responsibly, nurture relationships and take action in the best interest of those we serve.
- Service – We are timely and responsive in providing information and resources for Census planning. We work strategically to obtain the best results and to make an impact in the communities we serve. We produce ideas, resources and results.
- Social Justice – All of our work is guided by our commitment to social equity and fairness. Through our work we will improve the quality of life for every North Carolinian, contributing to a more just society.
- Action NC
- America Votes
- Association of American University Women
- Blueprint NC
- Carolina Demography
- Children First / Communities In Schools Buncombe County
- Common Cause NC
- Democracy North Carolina
- El Pueblo
- Equality North Carolina
- Faith in Public Life
- Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project of North Carolina (IRRP-NC), NC Justice Center
- Institute for Southern Studies
- Mountain True
- National LGBTQ Task Force
- NC Budget and Tax Center, NC Justice Center
- NC Child
- NC Counts Coalition
- NC Rural Center
- North Carolina Asian Americans Together
- North Carolina Association of Community Development Corporations
- North Carolina Center for Nonprofits
- North Carolina Community Health Center Association
- North Carolina NAACP
- North Raleigh Ministries
- Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina
- Southeast Asian Coalition
- Southern Coalition for Social Justice
- The Leadership Conference
- Think NC First
- United Way of Central Carolinas
- Women's Forum of North Carolina
- You Can Vote, People's Alliance Fund
The N.C. Census Task Force hosts monthly meetings for North Carolina non profit organizations on the 3rd Wednesday of each month, 10:00 am - 11:30 am. To learn more about the Task Force and/or to receive more information on monthly meetings, email Stacey Carless at Stacey@NCCensus.org.